Emergency Admissions to ACUTE
Emergency admission is strongly suggested when patients present with any of the following medical findings:
- Serum potassium level < 2.6 mg/dl
- Serum bicarbonate level ≥ 38 mg/dl
- Serum sodium level < 120 mg/dl
- Heart Rate < 35 (adults) or < 45 (adolescents)
- EKG rhythm other than sinus or QTc >500 msec
Urgent Hospital Transfers
ACUTE has unique capabilities when working with hospital-based providers, including facilitating urgent bedside-to-bedside transfers for patients with extreme forms of eating disorders or severe malnutrition.
- Discharge patients with severe anorexia and malnutrition ASAP
- Move severely underweight patients with medical complications quickly out of your ER/Hospital to a specialized Center of Excellence
- Free up resources for COVID-19 patients
- Bedside-to-bedside transfer via air ambulance
- Admission turnaround in 24-48 hours
- Accepting admissions seven days per week
The medical issues that stem from eating disorders and severe malnutrition can be deadly. As a result, ACUTE treats every patient inquiry with urgency and compassion. If it is determined that a patient is appropriate for our care, we handle every aspect of admission to ensure your patient not only survives, but returns to you upon becoming medically stable to continue the recovery process.
Urgent Air Ambulance Transport
Learn more about ACUTE’s ability to safely and swiftly transport medically complicated patients.